Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grace Jacobs Benedict

Gracie
Brother loves cuddling his sissy
So does her other brother Jack
We still couldn't believe she was a girl

Meeting Nana and Grandpa

I have been wanting to do this for days and I finally got around to it! I went in to the doctor last wednesday for one of my (many) appointments and found out that Gracie's heart rate would go down periodically. I was admitted to the hospital then for observation and it continued to happen as the day went on. My doctor decided to induce labor and started with the process. We stayed up to greet the New Year and decided to get some rest as they were just giving me low doses of the medicine and were going to up it in the very early morning. At around 2:45 I awoke to about three nurses all around and them trying to put oxygen on my face. They told me that the doctor was on her way and that they needed to get the baby out. 

I was not thinking that I would have to have a c-section at all, but my doctor thought that labor was too risky and that they needed to get her out of there right away. So, at 3:38 AM Grace arrived and we were very glad to meet her. As much as I would have liked to have a vaginal delivery a healthy baby was the number one priority and we definitely got that. She is a sweet girl with a very nice disposition. We think that the Lord knew that we needed an easy baby after our VERY strong willed Noah and so far we think we got her. She sleeps very well and doesn't seem to cry too often. Noah is adjusting very well to his new baby sister, he loves giving her kisses and cuddles. 

As it turns out Gracie was the first baby of the New Year in Wenatchee and they wrote an article about her in the newspaper. I am having a hard time adding the link to the article, but if you search: "the wenatchee world new year baby" then it will come up. My favorite part of the article was that it said that Gracie's mother declined to be photographed...well of course I did! You can definitely tell that a guy wrote the article!



3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats guys, we're so happy for you! A girl is so much fun! We can't wait to meet Grace! Sorry about the c-section, but you're right, healthy mom, healthy baby!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS you guys! That is so awesome

The Brown Family said...

Congratulations! She's adorable..we can't wait to meet little Gracie (adorable name by the way).