Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun in the Boat!

This last weekend my Mom came to visit and Noah and Jack were SO excited to have their Nana here. I told her that she can come any time because first of all, we love her, of course! And also because she cooks, cleans, and takes care of Noah and Jack, it's a great break for me! The first thing she does when she gets here is puts comet in the sink. I only use natural cleaning products and they don't bleach things clean the way comet does. Josh even will ask sometimes when she's coming because the sink could use some comet! I explain to him that the sink is very clean, but just not bleached...I've given up...I just let her comet away!

We did get out in the boat on Sunday. Josh has really been wanting to go for a while and we thought it might be our last chance for the year. We found a sandy spot on the River and stopped to let Jack play frisbee and for Noah to walk around. Right when we got out of the boat Noah was walking just in the water and got going way too fast. We were all making sure that Jack didn't go to far and then we heard Noah crying. We look down and he is face down floating in the water, with his life jacket on, thank goodness! He just cried for a few seconds and felt a lot better when he got warmed up, I guess the swim lessons are paying off! His clothes were so wet that he had to wear Nana's jacket the whole way back and it looked a lot more like a dress on him than a jacket.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Sound like you have been busy enjoying these last days of summer! I used to LOVE it when my mom would come over when we lived in E. Oregon. It is so nice to have a little help now and then. Glad to see you're doing well...and I'm so excited that you like to blog too! I'm addicted to it!