Friday, September 19, 2008

Noah and Jack


Those two boys really love each other! Lately, Noah has been very into his brother. When he doesn't feel like being cuddly with his Dad or I, it is not uncommon to find him snuggling Jack. He also loves to give him kisses, he is so funny about that. We'll tell him to give Jack a kiss and he goes over and gives him a very loud one! It's hard for me to get pictures, but today when Noah was watching Curious George, he had some good cuddle time with Jack.

Sometimes we feel so sorry for Jack. He looks at you with these big eyes and you can tell that he would like to move, but he knows that he can't if Noah is laying on him. I think he likes it more than he lets on though! It is so nice to have a dog who you don't have to worry about. If I can't find Noah in the house for a minute, he is almost always somewhere with Jack.

A couple of weeks ago Noah and I came home after having been out for about five hours and when I pulled in the driveway I realized that our front door was open. Jack is an indoor dog and only goes out in the backyard to play or go potty, so he stays inside when we're gone. So, when I saw the front door open, I threw the car into park and ran toward the house (already crying, of course!) and when I was almost to the front door Jack came running out to greet me! I could not believe that he didn't leave to go exploring. I was so happy that he was safe, especially considering that we know that he likes to run in front of cars! As it turns out, I didn't lock the dead bolt on the front door and the wind blew it open. Someone later asked me if I was nervous that someone was in the house or if anything was stolen and it was funny because I didn't even think about that. I won't make that mistake again!

I think that I am far too neurotic to have a dog and that Jack will be my one and only doggie baby. I am not taking into account how the rest of my family feels about that, but its definitely how I do! I worry about him so much when I'm not with him and I am always concerned about his physical as well as emotional safety, he gets his feelings hurt so easily! I know that Josh feels the same way that I do, thought he tries to act tougher about it. We are those crazy dog people that you hear about, I'm sure if they made clothes big enough for him that he would have some! Jack is hairy, a worthless guard dog, and often very lazy, but we love him so much and can't imagine what it would be like if he weren't a part of our family (obviously as I just dedicated a whole long blog to him!) We have two great boys and we can't wait to see what gender this third baby is!

No comments: