Sunday, November 30, 2008

Whistler


This last weekend Josh and I went to Whistler and had so much fun! Josh's 30th. birthday is coming up on the ninth and I wanted to do something fun for him. A party was out because of all my baby drama (committing too far in advance was too risky) so I asked him what he wanted to do and he decided that he wanted to snowboard at Whistler. We had such a good time up there by ourselves, it was really nice to have some alone adult time. I'd forgotten what that felt like! We went to a movie, had really good dinners, walked around the village, shopped, saw some live music, and Josh snowboarded. He was worried that I would be bored while he was gone, but I assured him that I might actually enjoy being alone for a little while! I was glad that he had a fun birthday weekend!

My Mom and Mike stayed with Noah and Jack while we were gone and had a good time with the boys (thanks Mom and Mike!) They must have worked the entire time because when we got home things were repaired, deeply cleaned, and organized. I joked that my Mom was happy to finally get rid of me so that she could get the house as clean and organized as she would prefer! It was a nice surprise to come home to and Noah and Jack had such a good time with their grandparents. Noah was not happy when he woke up from his nap to just Josh and I, he walked around the house for about ten minutes saying Nana!

For some reason I decided that it was a good idea for me to go swimming. I thought back to before I had kids and what I thought when I saw pregnant women in swim suits. I always said that it was fine for them, but I sure wouldn't be in one that pregnant! It's funny how your perspective changes, you will do almost anything to just feel comfortable for a few minutes. I did wear a tank top over my maternity bikini however!

When we got home Josh, Noah and Jack played outside for most of the afternoon. It was about thirty degree's outside and they were all freezing. I had ordered snow clothes for Noah a couple of months ago and decided that it was time to break them out, even though we don't have any snow yet. Needless to say it all fit and Noah LOVED his new boots. He didn't want to take them off! Our poor doggy, his brother might love him a little more than he would like!

3 comments:

T~ said...

I am so jealous! Crystal and I have been talking about an overnighter to whistler for a long time and I think we just need to make it happen! Love the pic of Noah and Jack! LOL! PS We were thinking of coming over for a visit sometime this month (depending of baby of course) I'll call soon! Miss you guys!

Crystal said...

How fun! Travis and I can't wait to get a weekend away soon. (as soon as Peyton is done breastfeeding:) We hope we can see you guys soon!

The Brown Family said...

How fun! We love Whistler! It's so nice to get away sometimes! Tell Josh happy birthday for us. Are you going to Grandma's on Christmas morning...or the Jacobs' Jubilee? I hope you're feeling good! You are definitely a cute preggo mama!